Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Wedding

We moved into our house in September and I am sad and embarrassed to say we are still getting settled. Don't get me wrong, it is totally livable but there are some design details that are yet to be completed.

We need chairs for our dining room table, need a few bookcases and have not hung any pictures! Our walls are bare and it is starting to depress me.

I broke out some beautiful frames we were given as wedding gifts that match our china and have decided it is time to fill and display them. So that got me looking through our wedding photos. We got married in December 2008, so we have been married almost 18 months. It sort of seems like forever!! We have a baby now, a new house...lots has changed since our wedding day.

Looking at our wedding pictures brings back so many great memories. It was such a WONDERFUL day! We had such a great wedding, I know everyone says that about their own wedding, but really...ours was spectacular. Looking at the pictures also brings some sadness. We have lost some loved ones since that day, and although I know I was so blessed they were there to share the day with us, it still makes me sad to know they are not here to see our lives now.

Our wedding colors were black, white and silver. We did all white flowers, with black tablecloths, silver napkins and silver chiavari chairs with black chair pads.
The bridesmaids wore long, strapless black dresses with white sashes. We served an amazing dinner of a small fillet paired with two crab cakes, mashed potatoes and haricot verts. It was delicious!!!! Our cake was simple, white with black accents.

I have not fully decided which pictures I will choose for the frames, but I want to share some photos from that day with you. Please post about your wedding and leave me a comment to check out your special day. I love love love weddings and love looking at pictures from weddings.











1 comment:

  1. You looked stunning!!

    I love looking at my photos too!

    I was married 11/29/08 and now have an almost 7 month old. :) So crazy how a year and a half ago, we were JUST getting married. How time flies!

    My colors were eggplant and pearl. We had 7 stand up on each side and I loved that all of our closest friends were right there with us!

    ReplyDelete