Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Welcome to Momma in the Woods

Hello and Welcome!!!
Yes, I realize I am talking to NO ONE.....but I have high hopes someone will be reading this soon. Hopefully.
I am new to Mommy Blogging....but am obsessed with reading other Mommy Blogs. I have a baby blog that I love doing. I went back and forth about where I wanted to go with it, and in the end I decided to keep it more focused on my daughter, not so much on me and my experiences. That is what this blog is for. Reviews, giveaways, advice.
I will continue my baby blog to follow and report what my daughter is up to, but I don't want to overwhelm it with other information.
So my first duty as a Mommmy Blogger....get followers....find people interested in what I have to say. How do I do that?? Not sure, but I will find a way. Lots of Mommy Bloggers use Twitter and Facebook to get a following, but I am not into the whole social networking scene. Are there other ways? I guess I will just continue to read other Mommy Blogs, take cues from them. Leave comments and hope other bloggers check me out. I better start by introducing myself and giving you a reason to get interested:

I am a 20 something gal living in the Woods. I will refer to myself as "Momma Bear". I am married to "Papa Bear", step mom to "Brother Bear" and new mom to "Sister Bear".

Brother Bear is 4.5 and absolutely the sweetest boy on the planet. I have known him since he was about 1.5 and we have been just the best of friends since. He stays with us 50% of the time. He is a pure joy, he loves me, my family and absolutely ADORES his baby sister.

Sister Bear is 5 months old. Born November 2009. OMG she is the most amazing thing to EVER happen to me!! She is fabulous. I know I am her momma so it's obvious I would be saying this...but I am for real. This baby is out of this world!!!!

Papa Bear is my best friend (cheesy I know), but you other moms probably know what I am saying when I say that since becoming a parent I spend pretty much all my time with the family. Therefore Papa Bear knows everything about me...he is involved in all I am involved in. Some days I really miss the days of going out with friends and not worrying about babysitters, hangovers, money. You know, having my own life....but for now, I am happy with the way things are. And if I am going to be spending time with someone besides my best friends, I am happy it's Papa Bear. We have been married since December 2008, bought a house in 2009 and are just living the life.

Like I said, Sister Bear is an easy baby. Therefore I am dying for a hobby. I wish it was something like knitting, sewing, cooking, decorating, but I don't know how to do any of that. What I do know how to do is type, spend hours online, shop and take care of a family. Therefore, said hobby will be blogging. Maybe someday I will learn how to knit, or clean, or exercise, but for now, I am going to take a stab at this. And I am very excited about it!! Please follow my blog and leave comments. Let me know what you like, what I can improve on, what you want to read about and what will keep you coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment